Your home’s electrical panel and meter wiring are some of the most critical electrical systems in your home. These two points are your electrical connection to the main power grid. So, you will want the best residential electrical services to take care of these essential electrical connection points.
When it comes to careful, effective service, HedgeHog Electric is your go-to. Our St. George panel and meter wiring specialists are here to keep your home safe!
If you are unsure if you have a problem with your panel or meter wiring, there is a variety of signs you can look for around your home. They are listed below.
Circuit breakers are designed to trip and protect you from electrical overloads. However, having your breaker’s trip should be an occasional occurrence. If you are constantly needing to reset your circuit breaker, it can indicate that you have a problem with your electrical panel or the meter.
To assess the source of the problem, our electricians will troubleshoot your breaker panel and review your meter wiring then provide you with recommendations.
Should there be visible damage to your meter or electrical panel, that needs to be addressed immediately, as the risks of electrocution and fire are high.
Say you were excited to have a new hot tub installed and need a dedicated circuit to power it, but there is no space for a new circuit to be placed by our electricians. The only way to correct this problem is to have a larger circuit breaker panel installed, which can solve two issues at once.
Clearly, the first issue is that you have no more room on your electrical panel for a new dedicated circuit. However, this issue highlights that you may have an old electrical panel, as most modern electrical panels come with more space.
While the wiring in much of your home should be tucked away, the wiring connected to your electric panel and meter may be visible. With this visibility, there is a higher potential for them to become damaged.
If the wiring connecting to your electrical panel becomes damaged, you can use our wiring services to correct the issue. As for damaged meter wiring, it is essential that you contact your power provider immediately for assistance.
When an electrical meter or panel malfunction, sometimes that can cause you to be overcharged for your electrical usage. If you have received high electrical bills that don’t have a clear cause—running your AC or heating more, introducing a new appliance into the home, etc.—then there may be a problem with the wiring between your home and electrical panel or meter.
A certain amount of flickering in lights is to be expected if you have fluorescent lights that need to warm up, or if you have high energy draw appliances. However, if your lights are flickering without any clear source, that can mean there is an issue with your panel or meter wiring.
Electrical panels can last anywhere from 20-40 years. So, if your home is over 20 years old, it is a good bet that you have the original electrical panel that may or may not be operating well. If you aren’t sure your electrical panel is up to your home’s current needs, you can have it inspected by one of our electricians.
If you have seen one or more of these signs, it is important that you take action quickly as these problems can quickly become worse and trigger an electrical fire.