Hedgehogelectric Logo

Keeping Your Family Safe

At HedgeHog Electric, we understand just how important it is to keep your home safe and your family protected. Did you know that if you have even one fuel-burning appliance, your family is at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning? Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous gas that can cause death to those who inhale large amounts of it. Unfortunately, this gas is completely odorless, tasteless, and colorless, making it impossible to detect without proper equipment.

Luckily, our residential electrical services team provides professional carbon monoxide detector installations in St. George to help keep your family safe.

Give us a call at (866) 605-2113 or contact us online to learn more about how we can take care of your home.

What Are the Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Without a carbon monoxide detector, you will probably fail to notice that you have a leak until you experience poisoning symptoms. Once carbon monoxide is introduced into the air, it replaces oxygen. That means that you are breathing in more carbon monoxide than oxygen, leaving the oxygen levels in your body dangerously low. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning depend on your level of exposure.

The first symptoms are usually:

These symptoms progress and become far more severe as your exposure increases. Eventually, victims experience vomiting, loss of muscle coordination, loss of consciousness, and even death.

Do I Need a Carbon Monoxide Detector?

Every single home that has at least one fuel-burning appliance, fireplace, or attached garage should have a carbon monoxide detector installed. When these appliances are incorrectly installed, mishandled, or broken, they can release carbon monoxide and poison anyone present in the home.

Examples of sources that can produce carbon monoxide include gas or oil fireplaces, gas water heaters, space heaters, wood-burning stoves, generators, blocked chimneys, motor vehicles, and more.

The absolute best way to protect your family against carbon monoxide poisoning is to install carbon monoxide detectors within your home. These detectors can sense carbon monoxide leaks early on, giving you plenty of time to reach safety.